In case you need a little help learning how to enjoy Line of Advance on your chosen device or computer, please review the following.
To read Line of Advance on your iPad or iPhone, please follow these steps:
Make sure you have the free iBooks application installed on your Apple device
1. Download the the .epub version of Line of Advance from this email onto your computer.
2. From your computer, open the iTunes application
3. Add the .epub journal file to your itunes library, either through the File menu or by dragging the file into the application
4. Sync your iPad or iPhone to your computer, making sure you’ve selected Line of Advance as an item to sync from the Books tab.
5. Open your iBooks app on your device and enjoy Line of Advance
Alternate (easier) Directions for iPhone or iPad
1. Open this email on your device and tap to download the .epub version of Line of Advance Issue 1
2. Once the file has downloaded, tap the download file icon within the email and select “open in iBooks”
3. Enjoy Line of Advance Issue 1
To read Line of Advance on your Android device, please follow these steps:
Make sure you have an ebook application installed on your device, we recommend Aldiko. If you are using the Kindle application, please follow the Kindle directions.
1. Using your Android device, download the .epub version of Line of Advance from this email
2. Open the Aldiko (or other ebook application)
3. Open the Aldiko menu and, using the file manager, browse to your device downloads folder, select the Line of Advance file and import it.
4. Browse to the device library and enjoy Line of Advance
To read Line of Advance on your Kindle device, please follow these steps:
1. Download the .azw3 version of Line of Advance to your computer.
2. Connect the Kindle to your computer using its USB cable. The computer will recognize the Kindle as a mass storage device.
3. Open the Kindle’s folder by clicking its icon on the desktop or by opening “My Computer” and clicking its drive letter. Inside will be three folders called “music,” “audible” and “documents.”
4. Drag and drop your Line of Advance file with the AZW3 file extension into the Kindle’s “documents” folder. Once the file transfer is complete, disconnect the Kindle and the issue of Line of Advance will be available immediately in the Kindle’s library.
Once a year I go through the exercise of cleaning my closet. Some clothes go to the cleaners, some go to the donation box and a few get tossed in the trash. During this ritual is one of the few times that I remember that sitting well behind the work suits and the jeans hangs a pristine Army class A uniform. I pause for a moment. I reflect. But for some reason I never touch it or, god forbid, move it someplace else. In some ways I think I’m afraid of that uniform. It represents a past I’ll never return to and someone I’ll never be again. But it is also a vessel for my stories, and something like 1% of Americans have a closet that looks very similar to mine. Continue reading